Monday 24 July 2023

She Was Unaware of Her Ex’s Major Body Secret for Months: “I Think My Boyfriend Might Only Have One Leg”

In a now-viral TikTok video, a woman recalled being so under the spell of love as a teenager that she didn't see her boyfriend had only one leg for three whole months.

The video has received over 2.6 million views, in which she spoke about her struggles in her teenage relationship, as her boyfriend kept his condition a secret for months.

“If you ever thought that you were blissfully unaware, let me tell you about the time I dated a guy for three months before finding out he didn’t have a leg,” she said. 

“I was 17. Met this boy at the rodeo. I saw him across the way, and I said, ‘That is a tall, tall gorgeous man, and I need to have him.’ So we exchanged numbers. By three weeks later, we were in love.”

The TikToker claimed that she and her 6-foot-6 partner, who she didn't name, were always together and were essentially “inseparable.”

“So shout out to you, thanks for proving to me I was dumb,”

The TikToker revealed that there were several red flags, such as her boyfriend having a noticeable limp when he walked, always wearing long pants to summer events, and not allowing her to attend his basketball games.

She finally realized that something was wrong when she examined a photo of the two of them together. “The more I stared at it, the more I was like, ‘I think I’m being bamboozled,'” she recalled. 

“So I took this picture to my friends, and I said, ‘Guys, I think my boyfriend might only have one leg.'”

She shared that her friends were taken aback by the accusation and urged her to get the truth from her boyfriend. 

He eventually confessed a few weeks later, he had Polio. 

“He’s like, ‘I have Polio,'” she said.

Polio is a highly contagious virus that spreads through close personal contact and can survive in an infected individual's throat and intestines. In unsanitary conditions, it can also contaminate food and water. The virus can be spread even before and up to two weeks after symptoms appear, and it can cause paralysis or death.

Fortunately, the polio vaccine, approved by the CDC, has made the disease rare. The first recorded case of polio in the US since 2013 was a resident of Rockland County, New York who had not been vaccinated.

“I was like, listen, I suspected this for a couple of weeks now, and you made it real weird by not telling me,” she said. 

The woman shared that he didn't feel the need to tell her about his condition since they met without her knowing. Her boyfriend said that he “ran with it.”

However, the fact that he hid his condition for three months was something she couldn't overlook, “I was like, I guess, but, like, three months? You hid it for three months? I’m that dumb and unaware,” she said.

She added that their romantic relationship lasted an additional six months and they “were deeply in love,” but everything fell apart when she went to college. 

@postpartumpsycho #greenscreen #YellowstoneTV #ChevyEVSongContest #storytime #fyp ♬ original sound - PostpartumPsycho

The short story had a significant resonated deeply with many people, leading some to come forward with their own relationship struggles. 

“I dated a guy for 3 months before realizing he had a baby hand. HOW?” one user wrote. 

“I now feel less bad I went through an entire night not realizing a girl had one arm, hugged me and everything.” another shared. 

“Married a man before I realized he was missing a thumb…. Never asked about it until I got pregnant, I needed answers then.” a third commented. 

"Did y’all uh… ya know… cuz how did you not notice a missing leg/ prosthetic during that?" wrote another user, unable to tolerate her ignorance. "This is hilarious either way."

Others were saddened by the fact that he felt the need to hide his condition from his girlfriend, stating, “That sad that he actually felt he had to hide that.” 

READ NEXT:



source https://www.womenio.com/42402/i-think-my-boyfriend-might-only-have-one-leg

No comments:

Post a Comment