Sunday 30 July 2023

"This is my parking space": Property Owner Demands Exclusive Parking Rights, Threatens Tenant with Police Intervention

A man who has owned his property for a decade is enforcing his own rules in the parking lot, forbidding a renter from parking his car there and even going so far as to threaten to call the police if he doesn’t move his car or just park somewhere down the road.

@audit_oblivion shared a TikTok video with the caption "This is a very peculiar interaction," which shows a property owner knocking on the windows of a renter's car and questioning why he parked there.

The tenant simply replies, "Because I live here," but this response fails to satisfy the owner, who insists that the parking space belongs to him.

The renter tries to explain to him that the car park is for anyone who lives on the property, but the man remains unconvinced, declaring, "I've lived here for 10 years, mate, 10 years."

The property owner gives the renter a judgmental look and asks, "Do you own your place or do you rent?" to which the man responds defensively, "What do you mean? It's none of your business."

The owner continues to argue in disbelief, insisting that the renter has no right to park in the car park simply because he doesn't own the property, stating, "I've been living here for 10 years. I've been parking here for 10 years."

He then responds to the owner by saying, "Okay, that's great for you," and maintains, "These parking spots are not reserved, they're reserved for people who live here. I live here."

Still not convinced, asks the renter, "Yeah, but do you own it? You rent. I own my apartment.”

The tenant tries to reason with the property owner, explaining that ownership is not relevant, but the owner insists, telling him that he should park down the road somewhere. 

This angers the renter, who firmly responds, "No, if I want to park here, I'll park here."

The property owner makes a final attempt to convince the tenant to move his car before calling the police, stating, "Listen, I own my apartment and it cost me a lot of money. I want to get my car in here."

The tenant responds with frustration, "You said it a hundred times," telling him that he can park his car anywhere in the empty parking space.

The property owner reaches the end of his patience and threatens him with police involvement, saying, "Move your car, and I'll take pictures of it. I'm going to send them to the police to investigate your vehicle."

@audit_oblivion This is a very peculiar interaction #foryourpage #fypシ゚viral #england #driver #problems #interesting #npc ♬ original sound - Audit Oblivion

The comments section doesn't hold back in criticizing the property owner, labeling him as the male version of a "Karen": "Brad."

“My car would never leave that spot again,” one person wrote.

“I would buy another car just so I'd never have to leave that spot,” a second chimed in.

“I'd buy a junker to park there 24/7,” a third commented. 

“He bought his apartment. Maybe he should park his car inside his apartment!” a fourth suggested. 

“I watch football for 13 years I'm a coach now,” a fifth joked. 

“Why interact with these people?” a sixth asked, suggesting, “Close your window.”

READ NEXT:



source https://www.womenio.com/44249/this-is-my-parking-space-property-owner-demands-exclusive-parking-rights-threatens-tenant-with-police-intervention

No comments:

Post a Comment